Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of transactions can I perform using Apex’s Online Banking?
By using our Online Banking feature, you can view information and complete various transactions, including:
- Access to account balances and transaction information.
- Pay bills.
- Transfer funds easily between your Apex Bank accounts.
- Enjoy the convenience of FREE Online Statements.
- Manage your personal information and accounts.
2. What will happen to the bill payments I have scheduled from my United Community Bank account?
Any payments scheduled through August 4th, 2023 will be processed by United Community Bank. You will need to set up your payees and recurring payments in Apex Bank Bill Pay. You may enroll for Online Banking and Bill Pay beginning July 24th, 2023. Please be sure not to schedule any payments from Apex Bank Bill Pay prior to August 7th, 2023.
3. How do I update my direct deposit for VA or Social Security?
The links below will walk you through updating your information step by step.
Your deposit account numbers will not change but the bank routing and transit number (RTN) will change to 084307761.
4. Will my current routing number and account number(s) change?
Your deposit account numbers will not change but the bank routing and transit number (RTN) will change to 084307761, which is Apex Bank’s RTN. The RTN is the nine-digit number that comes before your account number at the bottom of your checks. This number routes transactions and checks to your bank such as payroll by direct deposit.
5. How do I enroll in Online Banking and set up Bill Pay?
You may begin enrolling in Online Banking July 24th, 2023 “here” or by clicking GET STARTED NOW at the bottom of the page. When you complete the enrollment form, you will have the option to select “Yes” for Bill Pay. Please note that because Bill Pay cannot be activated with a $0.00 balance, Apex will make a deposit of $5.00 into your account. This will allow us to activate your bill pay and complete your enrollment. This amount will be debited back from the account once the transition is complete.
6. Does Apex offer a Personal Mobile Banking Application?
YES! Apex Bank’s Personal Mobile Banking App is available for iPhone and Android.
Apex Bank App for iPhone and iPad: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apex-bank/id1128362996
Apex Bank App for Android Devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifs.banking.fiid1607&hl=en_US&gl=US
7. Will I have to order new checks for my checking account or deposit slips for my savings account?
Apex will be sending out basic checks and deposit slips free of charge. If you have a personal or sole proprietor account, you will receive a set of 30 checks. If you have a business account, you will receive a packet of 60 checks. The starting number for personal and sole proprietor checks will be 1001. The starting number for business checks will be 90001.
These will be sent to the mailing address on file. You should receive these in the mail the week of July 24th, 2023. You can start using your Apex Bank checks on August 7th, 2023. You should discontinue using and destroy your United Community Bank checks at that time.
8. Can I still use my United Community Bank debit card after the conversion?
No. Your debit card number will change. You should receive your new Apex Bank debit card by August 4th, 2023. You will receive further instructions about the use of your new debit card when you receive your card in the mail.
9. Will my deposits still be FDIC-insured?
Your accounts are insured up to the maximum FDIC-insured amount, provided they meet certain requirements. Please note that if you have accounts at Apex prior to August 7th, 2023, those account balances will be added together with the accounts that are coming over from United Community Bank and will be insured together up to the maximum.
10. Will the business hours at my location be the same?
Yes. The business hours will remain the same: Monday – Thursday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
11. Will the phone number of my branch be the same?
Centerville: (931) 729-5181
Lyles: (931) 623-5000
12. What will happen to my United Community Bank credit card?
Your UCB credit card will remain with UCB. Please contact the number on the back of your card or on your next billing statement for further information.
13. What should I do about direct deposits to my account or automatic debits from my account (i.e. paychecks and bills)?
The Bank will be sending Notifications of Change on your behalf; however, we cannot guarantee that the change request will be processed, as many companies do not accept third party notifications. To make sure everything changes over, please contact any company you pay via automatic withdrawal or from which you receive direct deposit from and provide them with your new routing number: 084307761. Your account number will remain the same unless you have been told otherwise. We advise you to contact these companies as soon as you can after the Apex Bank opening date of August 7th, however, we will honor transactions using the United Community Bank routing number for the first 60 days post-opening.
Examples of those you may need to contact:
Your Payroll Department
Social Security Department
14. Is telephone banking available?
Yes, telephone banking is available at (855) 477-3850.
15. Where can I find additional information about Apex Bank and its products and services?
We’re always open at 888-8MY-APEX or (888) 869-2739. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.